data required Image Solver not working since upgrading to 1.8.2

Scooot

Hi, I dont seem to be able to solve anything using the online database or my local databases.

prior to upgrading it was very easy. I guess I have an incorrect setting somewhere. I'm not having much success with anything at the moment.

Attachments

• image solver.jpg
    image solver.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Process Console 2023-10-24 114422.jpg
    Process Console 2023-10-24 114422.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 53
Hello @Scooot,

What happens if you reset the image solver script parameters (which is a good thing to do whenever you have a problem to solve an image). The default model parameters should be set to "automatic catalog" which by default will use your local Gaia DR3 files (if they are set properly in the Gaia preferences process).

If it still fails maybe you could share your image so we can try it?

Nico

Last edited:
Hello @Scooot,

What happens if you reset the image solver script parameters (which is a good thing to do whenever you have a problem to solve an image). The default model parameters should be set to "automatic catalog" which by default will use your local Gaia DR3 files (if they are set properly in the Gaia preferences process).

Nico
Hi,

The same I’m afraid, I changed it from automatic because it didn’t work.

Im fairly certain it’s not the image and you’d be able solve it. I‘d solved it before I upgraded. I only tried to solve this one because PCC failed to run on another image and I couldn’t solve that.

Currently I don’t seem to be able to solve any images.

Have you tried running with the "online star catalog" option selected. If that works, it suggests that you have a problem with your Gaia configuration.

Why do you have Local Star Catalog selected. but don't point to anything in there?
You should either select "Automatic Catalog" or "Local XPSD Server" and select GAIA DR3 if you have these installed and configured in the GAIA catalog.

Cheers
Tom

Why do you have Local Star Catalog selected. but don't point to anything in there?
You should either select "Automatic Catalog" or "Local XPSD Server" and select GAIA DR3 if you have these installed and configured in the GAIA catalog.

Cheers
Tom
I did attempt to point it at my databases but theyre all .xpsd files and that box wont accept those. In fact via the solver I can't even see the files in the folder even though they're in there.

I have configured the Gaia process with the DR3 database via the process explorer.

... that is not what I meant by "an online solution"! I meant selecting the "online star catalog" option in ImageSolver (which will then use an online catalogue rather than any local / Gaia catalogue you may have loaded).

Hello @Scooot,

Nico
Thanks, tried that but to no avail.

... that is not what I meant by "an online solution"! I meant selecting the "online star catalog" option in ImageSolver (which will then use an online catalogue rather than any local / Gaia catalogue you may have loaded).
Oh sorry

Uploading your image (to a cloud server like Google Drive) and posting a shareable link here is probabaly your best way forward.

Ah that worked thanks, using the Gaia DR2.

Doh, should've tried that first. I guess I should try downloading the databases again?

I've only entered one of the databases, I didn't realise I should enter them all.

Is there a way I can avoid doing this every time I upgrade?

You absolutely shouldn't do that every time you upgrade.
But your xpsd files must be placed outside of the Pixinsight directory

Edit: and your xpsd file is not a gdr3 file but a gdr3sp. This is Wrong:

ImageSolver use gdr3 files and they are sort by magnitude. With a 300mm focal length you probably only need one.

SPCC use gdr3sp files. you must select either the small set (4 files) or the complete set (20files) and configure them in the Gaia preferences under the GAIA DR3/SP data realease

Last edited:
You absolutely shouldn't do that every time you upgrade.
But your xpsd files must be placed outside of the Pixinsight directory

Edit: and your xpsd file is not a gdr3 file but a gdr3sp. This is Wrong:

ImageSolver use gdr3 files and they are sort by magnitude. With a 300mm focal length you probably only need one.

SPCC use gdr3sp files. you must select either the small set (4 files) or the complete set (20files) and configure them in the Gaia preferences under the GAIA DR3/SP data realease
I usually uninstall and reinstall, should I not do that?

No, no need.
Nico showed on his picture where he saved the GAIA DR3 and GAIA DR3/SP.
Any place outside of the Pixinsight directory/program folder is fine.
So when you upgrade your Pixinsight installation, these files are safe.
But you should download the complete set of DR3 files and minimum the small set of DR3/SP and configure them separate in the GAIA process.

Cheers
Tom

Sorry, I think I was unclear. What I meant is that it is not necessary to reconfigure the GAIA databases for each update.
The configuration is saved but you need to place the xpsd file outside of the Pixinsigt directory to prevent them from being deleted when you uninstall the program.

Back